Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No Wisco Recap

Ahhh first Lady Gnomes tournament of the semester. I was so excited Friday night that I could barely sleep. We left from Colleen's at appoximately 4:45am to head to the fields and oh hey...we got there EARLY (I believe this is a first for the Gnomes).

Summery:
Pool play probably could have gone a little better. Minnesota beat us pretty convincingly, although I don't think the score showed how we played. For the first game of the season we did pretty well. We honestly spent most of the game working the kinks out, and I'm ok with that. Our second game was against Mizzou. We played really well that game and won 13-5 (and I got my first callahan...hollerrrrr). Our last pool play game was against Black Cat. We lost...my opinion of them remains the same...that's all I've gotta say. Our last game Saturday was a bye due to a team not showing up, so we wandered around, watching some of the mens' games and eventually headed back to the hotel.

Party: We didn't win free uniforms. bummer.

Sunday we played Grinnell first game after a frost delay. They took us to half 7-4. My halftime talk: WAKE THE FUCK UP. It worked! Ha! We went on a 7-0 run and won 13-10. Our next game was against St. Olaf. In the first half we were going point for point with them, but they took the lead in the second half and we were never able to get it back. I probably should have given my "Wake the fuck up" halftime talk again. haha. maybe not. They sang to us afterward though, so that was cool. Next we played Lake Effect, Minnesota-Duluth's team, who we shared a hottub with the night before. We were up 7-4 at half and cap was about to sound, so we played a rookie point and called it a game. Winner: Gnomes. Our last game was against St. Olaf again, we played a game to 7, they won, and they sang to us again.

Overall for having half our roster, and some of our best players sick/injured we had a good tournament. I really enjoyed playing with the rookies and I'm looking forward to Glory Days. Pools are up, so I'll probably have a preview posted by tomorrow or Thursday.

MVP's
Spirit: Kelsey Hoover
Defense: Kelsey Oswald
Offense: Amy West

-Em Flan

No comments:

Post a Comment